Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Move Over Tom Colicchio...

Okay, that was a joke. I actually L-O-V-E Tom Colicchio and his sandwich shop 'Wichcraft. I'm obsessed. That obsession has made me a little cash poor these days. With a new apartment looming over head it's important that I take a better look at the money I spend on eating out. Because of that, I've had to come up with my own version of 'Wichcraft's marinated chick peas. I'm not saying that it's the same-it's not. I don't even know what Tom puts in his garbanzos. This is my recipe for

Three Beans;Marinated (like the name?)

oh, Tom-If you read this by some strange stretch, let me know what you think. And again. I love you.


For this Recipe You Will Need

1 Can of Garbanzo Beans

1/2 Cup of Edamame

1/4 Cup Fava Beans

1-2 tablespoons chopped Cilantro

1 tablespoon chopped chives

1 Tomato-seeded and chopped

1/2 Hot Pepper (I used the variety from my garden-it's about the size of a ping pong ball)

Cumin

Celery Seed

Salt and Pepper

Juice of 1/2 Lemon

1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil


-In a Large bowl mix the beans and vegetables together.

-In a separate bowl whisk the Cumin, Celery Seed, Lemon, and Olive oil until ingredients are incorporated.

-Pour the vinaigrette over the Bean mixture and stir so that all of the ingredients are coated with the vinaigrette.

-Cover the container and put in the refrigerator for at least one hour. (I made mine last night and tasted it today and it was amazing.) Add Salt and Pepper to taste.


Here's to Simple Salads!

Enjoy!

No comments: